Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Peonies & Wine

Living in the green city of Portland, Nick and I agreed that it is important to have our wedding as eco-friendly as possible. For us this includes forgoing paper save-the-dates and the plastic water bottles printed with our names and wedding date I so dearly wanted. This also means sticking to local and organic wines for the reception (though we will have to cheat when it comes to the champagne).

The other day while I was perusing the Oregon Wines section at the grocery store I came across a gem in the form of a bright, sophisticated bottle- Cooper Hill Pinot Noir. This organic wine comes from Cooper Mountain Vineyards here in Portland, OR.

Now I have to admit, though I was drawn to it merely on appearance, after I took a bottle of it home and sampled some with Nick I found it was much more than just a pretty label. It was delicious! Tasty and aesthetically pleasing- what more could you ask for? Now we just need to get some of their organic Pinot Gris and we'll be set. Well, almost.

Photos courtesy of kybecca.blogspot.com

I think I'm in love!

(Update: we taste tested the Pinot Gris the other day. Not nearly as enjoyable as the Pinot Noir, but I'm not much of a white wine fan so I'm biased. I'm sure the Pinot Gris fans at our wedding will be rather pleased.)

No comments: