Sunday, October 12, 2008

I ♥ Portland, and Squirrels



They're all over our neighborhood. Once one followed me home- scurrying along a telephone wire above the sidewalk. Every once in a while it would stop and stare down at me. I peered back up at it. This went on for over three blocks until it finally vanished up into a tree. I wish I had a camera then. When I repeated this story a few weeks later Nick laughed, joking that the little squirrel must have been my spirit animal. My friend Lisa claimed I was just hallucinating after consuming a monstrous chicken-fried steak filled omelet at Stepping Stone.

Either way, it was pretty freakin' cool.

4 comments:

JennyLee said...

I think I like Nick's idea the best. ;)

Anonymous said...

I too heart Squirrels.

PS thanks for stopping by! xoxo

Jennifer said...

I once came across two squirrels doing the horizontal mambo (or in their case it was the hang-on-to-the-tree-vertically mambo) and they were really close to the ground! They just looked at my friend and I as if to say, "Can I help you?"

On another note, squirrels may be the next big design trend! http://modhabit.blogspot.com/2008/05/right-again.html

Anonymous said...

This is too cute!!