Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Because wedding planning is only 2%

Knickers (or Nick-Knack. It varies by day) got me hugely turned on to graphic novels. I recently plowed through these and strongly suggest them to... well, anyone and everyone:Fun Home by Alison Bechdel

Blankets by Portland author Craig Thompson (while you're at it, you should also check out his other book Good-bye, Chunky Rice).

Both memoirs. Both easily the best books I've touched all year (and maybe even the year before that, and the year before that...)

I cried like a baby. You will too.

Photos from Wikipedia

2 comments:

JennyLee said...

I enjoy graphic novels so I will have to check these out!

Anonymous said...

I have read Blankets! haha It is funny because that is the only one I have read, and it is only because my friend recently got really into comics and graphic novels and such and she made me read it :) It was good though, I must say.