Monday, September 29, 2008

Beach Ceremony Inspiration

I recently stumbled upon this wedding in the Fall 2008 issue of Your Wedding Day and knew how I wanted our spring beach ceremony to look. I am going to transform this:

sunny Manzanita beach, into something inspired by this:

Southampton wedding of Chandra & Juris.
I am in love with the benches, driftwood arch, and overall simplistic feel. Also, my parents have a huge cherry blossom tree in the backyard of their Seaside house, and I hope to gather bags of its falling petals at the end of next May to spread blossoms down the aisle. I'm enlisiting the help of my crafty dad to help build, and will be sure to share pictures of the progress!

P.S. it's the fiance's birthday today! Another year older and another day closer to the wedding!

9 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Happy Birthday Fiance!!! :)

beka said...

Tag, you're it! You've been tagged at http://fromdiamondstovows.blogspot.com/2008/09/im-it.html

Meesha said...

Happy birthday to Nick! :) Are you guys having a big bash tonight?

Amanda said...

No, no big bash. Just a relaxing night with chocolate cake and Tru T.V. lol.

east side bride said...

Fab. I almost even dig the shirtless look on the groom....

Amanda said...

I didn't even notice the groom was shirtless until you mentioned it. lol. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that the guy is some sort of fitness guru (I think he makes workout videos?). Yeah, the FH will definitely not be rockin' the "nude" look on our big day. I'm actually leaning towards something along the charcoal and pink lines... if I can convince him. :)

east side bride said...

I think men look so hot in pink ;)

Rachel said...

I love this set-up!!
It's simple but not boring. And the branches look *almost* like a Manzanita tree - isn't that the name of the beach??
I think this is great inspiration!

Mrs. Andi said...

I like the benches! I've thought about a beach wedding, depending on if we can get the reception held close by. But the seating has been a question. Benches!