Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My "Diet" Thus Far...

I have to admit, the diet has been a little lax to say the least. Jogging? No. OnDemand workout videos? Fat chance. Healthy eating? Eh... I'm working on it. I discovered these scrumptious little treats by LUNA called tea cakes. They've been what keeps me away from the potato chips when snacking at work. I love tea and I love cake. Perfect, right? Well, while they might not be as good as actual cake, they are pretty tasty for health food. I had a vanilla macadamia nut one today, and if I closed my eyes and worked my imagination hard enough I might have been fooled into thinking I was eating a gourmet cookie. That, or something that wasn't purchased next to the protein shakes at the grocery store. Photo from Amazon.com

Aside from munching on tea cakes, I did get in a little workout while attending Race for the Cure with my good friend Lisa this past weekend. We participated in the 5k walk (the place was crowded and we didn't go very fast so it was actually more like the 5k slow shuffle). But- it was exercise, and it was for a good cause (check, check). Here we are on our way out the door:

My lovely friend Lisa all decked out for the cure:
And sticking to true "Amanda" form, I convinced Lisa to veer off just before the finish line so we could make it in time for sausage biscuits at McDonalds (don't worry, instant karma was soon to follow). Ahh, my thighs are going to look amazing in my sheath dress come next May!

3 comments:

Bailee's Bride said...

It's SOOOO hard to stay on track... I desperately wish I just didn't have taste buds... it would make the whole idea of a "diet" so much easier...

Rachel said...

It is really hard to not only eat right but also to exercise!! It seems like I can be really good at one or the other - but it's really hard to do both.

And, um, yeah - the fiancee doesn't help at all. When he asks,"What are you in the mood for?" and I answer "Something healthy", his reply should NOT be "How about Long John Silver's?"
Yeah, cuz that's super healthy.

Myra - twigs and honey said...

Oh! I was planning to run the Race for the Cure 5k! I blew my back out several days before though! So sad... I was pathetic as in, I couldn't move, walk, or even sit. I'm getting old.

You two ladies look so cute before you headed out. I normally look like I'm still asleep before a morning race. What's your secret? ;)